Phase One - Athletic Fields
The Waldoboro Community Project
The MVCF's planning efforts resulted in the Waldoboro Community Project, a fundraising capital campaign to begin development of Waldoboro's community center and recreation complex. The Project will use both public and private donations to fund construction of facilities adding needed capacity to support existing recreational and community activities in Waldoboro.
Phase I of the campaign includes:
- Construction of a new Little League baseball field, and a Babe Ruth-size baseball field.
- A soccer field overlay in outfields of the baseball and softball diamonds.
- An access road and parking area for spectators.
- Electrical service for lighting and future upgrades to site.
- Stadium lighting for all three fields, as funds are available.
- Perimeter lighting, as funds are available.
- Two tennis courts, as funds are available.
- An outdoor basketball court, as funds are available.
Timeline for the Waldoboro Community Project - UPDATE
The town of Waldoboro signed the contract to complete the Athletic Fields portion of the Project on March 24, 2008.
The Town of Waldoboro, the Community Foundation, and the contractor, Harry C. Crooker & Sons, Topsham, announced that construction will begin the first week of July 2008 with completion planned for late August.
Phase I will provide increased capacity to our existing Little League, Babe Ruth, and youth soccer programs. Completion of these facilities will have an immediate positive impact on over 350 boys and girls.
Governed by the success of the fundraising campaign, the goal is to have the fields ready for play in 2009.Continue to Phase Two